7.07.2009

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!





Above average of its own kind in magnitude. Colossal, enormous, gigantic, huge, immense, mammoth, vast, voluminous; monstrous, monumental, prodigious, stupendous, tremendous; excessive, exorbitant, extravagant, extreme, immoderate, inordinate. Yet and still there are not words in the human language that can even describe what this guy, who needs no introduction, was to the globe. Not just to the continental US, but was loved everywhere by everyone in the world regardless the age, race, gender and color.

"Greatness" is a word that is tossed around in vain. Its a word that everyone wants, but only a few will ever achieve. The bible says, many are called but a few are chosen. Chosen to lead, chosen to shape, chosen to rearrange, chosen to conduct, chosen to orchestrate, chosen to cultivate, chosen to create new ways of doing old things. I feel my "blog" isn't official until I put my two's (peace sign) in the air for MJ aka the King of pop or who I would like to call the greatest who ever did it.

The day he died, my friend and I were at the mall standing near a jewelery counter, around this counter stood a melting pot of people; furthermore, different ages and ethnic groups, including white and black and both men and women. My friend told the jewelry associate that "Michael" had died. It seemed like the world and every one who herd her say that had completely and utterly froze. Mind you, she only said Michael. First name base recognition this man was known. What drives a person to be this great and incredibly crafted at what they do?

Everyone, especially in my fly generation chases wildly, even aimlessly after greatness and the perks that come along with this acquired fame. We are after it so much, we cut corners and step on anyone's toes, hands and feet to get there. Here's the irony in that; Michael had a heart of gold and he was very humble. In my heart, I feel he was blessed beyond measure and it was all due to him continually blessing others.

NO, everyone will not be the winner of America's next top model, if that's even on TV anymore; moreover, the next biggest artist to "blow" or the next American Idol. God grants who will be great, when they will be great, and what they will be great doing. Some people are just special and have that extra influencing factor on their lives, that God has granted. I feel honored to have lived in this era with Mike J. He was and will forever be the greatest to ever do it of his musical kind.


"...Rate me amongst the greats either 1, 2 or 3
if I aint number one then I failed you victory
aint in it for the fame that dies within weeks

aint in it for the money you can take it when you leave

I wanna be remembered long after you breathe
Long after I'm gone
long after I breathe

I leave all I am in the hands of history
That’s my last will & tes-ti-mony..."

- Jay Z





Related Posts with Thumbnails